The mission of the DFA of California Scholarship Foundation is to grant undergraduate students financial awards to assist them with the completion of their agricultural business-related degrees and to encourage High School seniors to enter the agriculture profession.
The DFA Scholarship Foundation was established in 2012 as a tax-deductible 501 (C)(3) organization to encourage educational opportunities for students pursuing a degree in food science and agribusiness, with the ultimate goal of attracting future graduates for employment in the food industry.
Every year, DFA awards scholarships to deserving university students throughout California. The success of this program is made possible by the ongoing support of our members and industry friends. We thank you for your support.
The award for the recipient is a one-time scholarship ranging from $500–$2,000, payable to the recipient’s educational institution.
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible for this scholarship.
- The applicant is a high school senior or college student pursuing a major in an agricultural business-related field and attending an accredited college within the State of California.
- The applicant has a minimum grade point average of 3.0 and enrolled full-time in a US high school, has graduated from a US high school, or has obtained their US GED at the time of application (attached transcripts or official record).
- The applicant is enrolled full-time as a college student at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official record).
We must receive application materials by April 1, 2023, for an applicant to be considered.
- Completed application form
- A typed essay (no more than one page, double-spaced) addressing the following topic: What are your career aspirations and why?
- One letter of reference or recommendation from a teacher or other adult who is not an immediate relative
- Letter of acceptance to an accredited four-year or community college (or transcript if currently enrolled).
- Most recent transcript (high school or college)
The selection committee will select recipients based on the application materials provided. Selected applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by April 1, 2023. Payment will be made to the recipient’s school of choice upon notification and in accordance with the school’s scholarship guidelines.