Overview for Processors
- Become a DFA Member
- Become a qualified Red Seal Member facility
- Contact regional DFA office to schedule a Red Seal Commodity inspection
- Complete the Inspection Record (IR) application and submit to the Commodity Inspector.
- Present the product to be certified to the DFA Commodity inspector.
- Commodity Inspector conducts inspection according to contract requirements and Red Seal.
- Upon completion of inspection and verification of contract and quality requirements, the approved Red Seal Certificate is mailed to packer to accompany the product shipment.
Overview for Buyers
- View list of Red Seal Qualified members
- Arrange for Red seal inspection with the packer.
- Agree to list “Contract Requirements” through the packer on the Inspection Record (IR) request form.
- Packer arranges Red Seal inspection with DFA as requested (see packer steps).
- Buyer can be listed as the “Shipper” (if needed) on the RS Certificate.
- Obtain the completed RS certificate to accompany the product shipment.